Our hospital is here to help if you experience a pet emergency during our normal business hours. We do our absolute best to accommodate emergencies, but to ensure that we can provide the best possible care for your pet, we ask that you please call us first. Our hospital is open and ready to accept emergency cases during our business hours.
For after-hours emergencies, we refer our patients to Newton Veterinary Hospital, a 24-hour emergency facility in Newton, New Jersey.
Newton Veterinary Hospital
62 Hampton House Road
Newton, NJ 07860
Crown Veterinary Specialists
23 Blossom Hill Rd,
Lebanon, NJ 08833
Animal Emergency and Referral Associates
1237 Bloomfield Ave,
Fairfield, NJ 07004
What Constitutes a Pet Emergency?
If you observe any of the following symptoms, your pet may require immediate medical attention. Please call us at 908-852-7800 or one of the hospitals listed above right away.
- Fractured bones or inability to move legs
- Clear signs of pain or extreme anxiety
- Ingestion of a poisonous substance
- Severe bleeding or bleeding that lasts longer than five minutes
- Seizures or staggering
- Injury of the eye
- Choking or difficulty breathing
- Heatstroke or heat stress
- Severe vomiting or diarrhea
- Inability to urinate or blood in the urine
- Or anything else that concerns you and warrants immediate attention